Old 31-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Sacha

Default Eucalyptus tree

in article , sheridan
whiteside at
wrote on 31/8/03 6:34 pm:

I have a eucalyptus tree which I bought at the beginning of the
summer. I say tree, but it is actually a single stalk, and is now over
now 7 ft tall! It has tiny offshoots but only above 4ft level.
How/where/when should I prune this to make it grow like a tree? (if in
fact possible)

Do you know which variety you have? Here is a useful Euc site
www.eucalyptus.co.uk/
If you want to keep your Euc shorter and bushier the general advice would be
to pinch out the top 4 inches or so but normally, it's better to give it two
years to get its feet down and establish some real rooting. However, look
at the site I've mentioned and talk to them, if you need to. They really
know their stuff. Your Euc IS growing like a tree! They're very vigorous
and quick growing. If you want to keep them smaller and more bushy,
retaining juvenile growth, you will have to trim them as I've suggested and
continue to do so from time to time. But do look at the site I've given -
this is their expertise.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk