Old 01-09-2003, 12:02 AM
Tom Jaszewski

Default Transplanting large trees

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 19:20:16 -0400, "mary"
wrote:

I live in Pittsburgh,PA, and the Phipps Plant Conservatory is transplanting
two large trees sometime in the next week or so. I would say the trees are
at least fifty feet high. I was wondering if this was a good time to
transplant the trees. Also, is it better to transplant trees when they are
dormant, rather than when they have leaves on. Although the trees are only
being moved around fifty yards, it should be fun to watch.

Thanks

Tom

"trees" is a pretty broad group of plants. Summer is an ideal time
to transplant a limited group of specimen trees. Transplanting large
palms and pines happens here in the heat of summer regularly, and
successfully by knowledgable contactors....