Old 01-09-2003, 03:02 AM
Tyra Trevellyn

Default Need a recommendation for a sunny windy area perenial

From: "Greg P."
Date: Sun, Aug 31, 2003 5:12 PM
Looking for a perenial :
-a sunny windy location
-in front of a window, so don't want it to grow more than 4 feet high
-flowering through summer
Thx in advance,
Greg

Where are you, Greg? Without knowing this, our suggestions are more limited,
but I have one anyway: Echinacea purpurea (purple coneflower). It's a sturdy
tough prairie plant, the species grows to perhaps four feet (cultivars vary)
but can easily be kept shorter, and has a very long bloom season.....July
onward. It also spreads and reseeds rather gently and shouldn't give you any
problems (unless you're plagued by groundhogs). Great plant to grow in a clump
on its own; plays well with others.

Best,
Tyra
nNJ usa z7a