Old 01-09-2003, 03:37 AM
Gene Yaffe

Default Green Scale

I don't have a digital camera.

It's light green. It's a crust. I can scrape it off and the trunk of the
palm tree seems to be normal underneath and the fronds appear OK. It's in
blotches all up the height of the trunk.

The crust is also on some of the branches of my azalea. There, some leaves
are dying. The trunk of the azalea is a little different than the palm.
There's less a crust than light green discolorations --also in blotches up
the height of the trunk.

I'd be guessing about the time--but it's at least several weeks since I
noticed.

Thanks,

"Greg Rice" wrote in message
link.net...
Gene,

Down here in the deep south - we have green stuff growing all over just
about anything outside.

What does it look like? Can you take a digital pic?

How long has it bee there?

"Gene Yaffe" wrote in message
et...
There is some green scale on the azalea bushes and palm trees in front

of
my
house. I'm in south Florida. It's on the trunks of both and also on the
branches of the azalea. Does anyone know what it is, whether it's

harmful,
and what I should do about it ?

Thanks,

---