Old 01-09-2003, 05:12 AM
Dianna Visek

Default Wilting Basil

I now grow basil in a different part of the garden.

Regards, Dianna

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:13:42 GMT, "Bob"
wrote:

"Dianna Visek" wrote in message
.. .
It's a variety of fusarium wilt and comes from bad seed. The bad news
is that it can stay in the soil for years and will affect everything
in the mint family. One needs to be very careful buying basil plants
from garden centers. If they show any brown on the stems, don'f buy
them!

Regards, Dianna (who learned this the hard way)

If you learned it the hard way, what have you done about it? I certainly
want to continue to grow basil in futire years.

Bob

To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.