Old 01-09-2003, 07:12 AM
Siberian Husky

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

wrote in message . ..
On 26 Aug 2003 11:44:22 GMT,
(Bill Oliver) wrote:

First I am not a gardener, I just plant a few things
now and then. But I am a retired ironworker, and several years
back worked at a plant locally that made 'roundup'. It is a chemical
that has to be respected. One of the workers got it on his arm, and
by the time he "knew it" he was burned very bad. Like I said, I was a
consturction worker there, we were making revisions. I still don't
know the makeup of roundup, but if I am around it I'm very careful.
Just my two cents, C. L.

Putting Roundup on our arms is not "used as directed" so Roundup is
not considered toxic at all according to Bill Oliver's insisting on
"used as directed" condition

(That means sulfuric acid H2SO4 and hydrofluoric acid HF are pretty
safe if we use them "as directed")

Anyway, if you can provide more information about the case in the
plant, including dates, locations, and else, others might find more
about the safety of Roundup. It is not documented in a scientific
journal as Bill demanded, but that provides something the gardeners
are looking for.