Old 01-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Online seed companys in the U.k

"dommy" wrote in message
s.com...
Franz Heymann wrote:
*"dommy" wrote in message
s.com...
Hello all,

I was wondering what other people are using to order seed online.

I am thinking of ordering from:

www.mr-fothergills.co.uk

They offer good value for money and dont charge any P&P for

delivery.

Would like more opinions etc on what the rest of you guys use.

The rest of us guys don't use an organisation like Gardenbanter, with
an axe
to grind, to participate in uk.rec.gardening. We joined this
newsgroup
directly in order to ensure unmoderated mail. There is a non zero
probability that these remarks of mine will not appear in
Gardenbanter.

Franz *

sorry I dont understand what you mean? Can you elaborate please.

You accessed this newsgroup via gardenbanter. Gardenbanter is a commercial
website. It makes money out of advertisements. The potential advertisers
judge whether or not to advertise there by the rate at which people access
the site. So, to boost their standing, the site runs a gateway to
uk.rec.gardening, resulting in everyone who uses them to access
uk.rec.gardening registering a hit at the site. Since it is a commercial
site, there is no guarantee that post intended via them is not moderated or
censured in either direction. There is also no guarantee that the whole of
the activity in uk.rec.gardening is available at that site. I am also
uncertain of whether there may be time delays before post to and from
gardenbanter arrives at its destination.
It is much more straightforward to join uk.rec.gardening directly.
In short, you gain absolutely nothing whatsoever by participating via
gardenbanter and you may possibly lose something.

Franz