Old 01-09-2003, 09:43 AM
Jane Ransom

Default Poplar tree - uses

In article , P&J
writes
The thanks for the responses regarding the poison - I will have a chat with
the tree surgeon & find out a bit more about the poison issue.

Now once the tree has been chopped down - any ideas how usful the wood will
be ? The tree is about 10 years old & approx 30 feet high.

I am considering some uses fo the wood (although the tree surgeon can take
it away). So far I was thinking these possilities.
- hiring a shredder to create some mulch
- firewood as we have no smoke restrictions

Any other ideas ?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned giving it to a wood turner to make
things from!!!!!
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,