Old 01-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Poplar tree - uses

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
The message
from "P&J" contains these words:

Now once the tree has been chopped down - any ideas how usful the wood

will
be ? The tree is about 10 years old & approx 30 feet high.

I am considering some uses fo the wood (although the tree surgeon can

take
it away). So far I was thinking these possilities.
- hiring a shredder to create some mulch

No. Unsightly

Why do you consider chippings or sawdust to be more unsightly than the
faeces of a horse?

and will in time take nitrogen from the soil.

Which is eventually returned to the soil with some small interest.

Mind you,
that would help in suppressing weeds....

- firewood as we have no smoke restrictions

Yes, by far the better option.

Any other ideas ?

Poplar is used to molish the wooden part of matches....

Franz