Old 01-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Orchid Taxonomy

Rinkytink is reluctant to give out any actual information because to him its
too much like making a real effort and he might prove himself wrong. He gets
of on being a smartass not on being helpful.

Apparently he doesn't know any real on-line botanical databases and he
doesn't know how to cut-and-paste a link to a website or any info from a
webpage. How sad he can be so arrogant and yet completely inept at the same
time.

Iris Cohen wrote in message
this author has too many publications about orchids to his name for me

narrow it down quickly.

What is his name?

It sounded as if the story had been told many times, so likely anybody
following such matters will recognize it (the story involved a jacket).

Indeed? I have been growing orchids for 30 years & never heard of it.

Sounds
like one of those urban myths.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40