Old 01-09-2003, 05:32 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default What's this weed?

Chris Wilson wrote:
: In article ,
: says...
:: Can anyone help identify a creeping, strangulating weed we have? It
:: is totally entwined around rhododendrons and other bushes, and is
:: VERY resistant to eradicating. Maybe if I knew what I was dealing
:: with I could try a more scientific approach than hacking at the
:: damned thing G
::
:: Pics of each side of a piece of it at:
::
::
http://www.formula3.demon.co.uk/weeds/weed1.jpg
:: http://www.formula3.demon.co.uk/weeds/weed2.jpg
::
:: Thanks for any pointers.
:
: I'll go with the flow, honeysuckle it is! Thanks for the info. Just
: how invasive might this get, I cut it back to the ground in the
: spring, it's now covering a large percentage of a 50 foot row of
: bushes, and although it's entwined around everything I must be honest
: and say that it doesn't SEEM to be doing them much harm...
:
: Thanks again.

We have a saying, "If it ain't broke, don't mend it"

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk