Old 01-09-2003, 08:24 PM
bnd777

Default Eucalyptus tree

"sheridan whiteside" wrote in message
om...
I have a eucalyptus tree which I bought at the beginning of the
summer. I say tree, but it is actually a single stalk, and is now over
now 7 ft tall! It has tiny offshoots but only above 4ft level.
How/where/when should I prune this to make it grow like a tree? (if in
fact possible)

I hope its well away from any house or foundations because they have a nasty
habit of sending out roots 4inches thich and for 25 ft

My daughter had her patio lifted and very nearly major damage to house
foundations from a neighbours 6 ft high Eucalyptus .......the trunk of the
tree was only 4 inches in diameter and so were the roots 15ft away !!!!!!!!