Old 01-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Jason Pope

Default What's this weed?

Chris Wilson wrote:
In article ,
says...

Can anyone help identify a creeping, strangulating weed we have? It is
totally entwined around rhododendrons and other bushes, and is VERY
resistant to eradicating. Maybe if I knew what I was dealing with I could
try a more scientific approach than hacking at the damned thing G

Pics of each side of a piece of it at:

http://www.formula3.demon.co.uk/weeds/weed1.jpg
http://www.formula3.demon.co.uk/weeds/weed2.jpg

Thanks for any pointers.

I'll go with the flow, honeysuckle it is! Thanks for the info. Just how
invasive might this get, I cut it back to the ground in the spring, it's
now covering a large percentage of a 50 foot row of bushes, and although
it's entwined around everything I must be honest and say that it doesn't
SEEM to be doing them much harm...

Thanks again.

It'll only do the "support" plants harm if it stops the plants leaves
from getting at sunlight.
Some people grow climbers up trees for a different colour in certain
seasons.

Cheers

Jason