Old 01-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Sarah Dale

Default strawberries

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:21:51 +0100, m.payne3 wrote:

Can any of the members suggest the best way of overwintering my pot
grown strawberries. I do not have a green house but do have a
largish open sided lean to shed.

Personally, I don't see why overwintering strawberries in pots should be a
problem - I did so succesfully last winter. I overwintered half a dozen
rooted runners in pots. The pots were all packed into a tray, and were on
a bench adjacent to the garage wall facing south, and came through with no
problems (I'm in N.Wales). I did use plastic pots, and made sure the pots
were well watered when they needed it, and not flooded at others.

HTH,

Sarah