Old 01-09-2003, 09:32 PM
dusty

Default Fluorescent lighting - 1 attachment

dusty wrote in
s.com:

"gardenjan" wrote in

My Cattleya (mini), and Phalaenopsis do not get enough light to
flower. They both grow new leaves and roots. I want to try
fluorescent lighting. Any suggestions on types of fluorescent light
bulbs, wattage, and hours a day needed for encouraging flowering.
All replies appreciated. Thanks.

If you go for fluorescent lighting DO NOT USE THE CHEAP SHOP LIGHTS
sorry for shouting but I tried them and they ate bulbs left and right.

Sorry for the picture in this group but I couldn't find a sight that
would show a picture easy. I picked mine up from a salvage company but
I beleive both home depot and lowes sells them, if not an electrical
wholesale company will have them. For more light output there is a 4
foot 60 watt version but it's real hard to find.

I put my fixtures side by side 5 fixtures wide and I grow phals,
catts, dens and oncidiums under them 10 hours a day and they all
bloom. In the winter time I have 2 shelves going during the winter
time.

hope this helped
later
dusty

begin 644 SS.jpg

Attachment decoded: SS.jpg
`
end

Darn the CRS (can't remember stuff) I forgot to add what it's called

Fixture, Fluorescent, Strip, 40 Watt, 2-Lamp, 120 VAC, 2F40, White