Old 01-09-2003, 10:13 PM
Pam Moore

Default strawberries

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 20:30:15 +0100, "Sarah Dale"
wrote:

Can any of the members suggest the best way of overwintering my pot
grown strawberries. I do not have a green house but do have a
largish open sided lean to shed.

I kept 3 strawberry plants in pots on my allotment last winter. They
are still in those pots. I only had a couple of fruits and the plants
have been sadly neglected, but in spite of little water in recent
weeks, are still OK and I hope to get them planted soon if we get some
rain to soften the soil.
This should give you confidence that they are quite tough plants!

Pam in Bristol