Old 01-09-2003, 11:22 PM
Steve

Default Phal problem. Help!

K Barrett wrote:

I reviewed my notes from Janice Uchida's talk at the ASHA convention in
2001. I seem to recall she said that the mycelium stage infects the host
bodily. By the time we see the effects of this infection the host is toast,

Sound more aggressive than what I have. Symptoms have been around for a
year and only 2 dead plants to date. Also, the pictures were of the
worst. I have 3 or 4 plants (of the original 20) that still have all
their leaves and minor symptoms compared to the worst ones.

Funginex is now sold by Ortho as "Rose Pride Rose & Shrub Disease Control".
The active ingredient is the Triforine that Pat Brennan thought was no
longer in production. (present at 6.5%).

:-) Just 2 minutes ago, I posted that same info in a new thread. I
should have come here first.

I will search to see if triforine is systemic or not. I'm betting 'not'.

Page 2 of the label directions says: " ... is absorbed by leaves and
stems for internal protection that won't wash off..."

Kathy, thank you for continuing to look into this. The more we know the
better!

Steve