Old 02-09-2003, 02:12 AM
Warren

Default Can someone please explain "Propagation Rights?"

Alex Olson wrote:

How is it possible that such a ridiculous law can be enforced country
wide in the United States?

You mean a country based on capitalism?

One of the hallmarks of our country is that people are entitled to
profit from their labors. The incentive to produce new hybrids isn't the
possibility of being able to name it. The incentive is profit.

If there is any country in the world where this would be the law of the
land, it would be the United States. I'm sure there are plenty of
communist countries where the labors of others are taken by the masses
with no compensation. Perhaps you can go there and rip-off the breeders
of new hybrids -- if you can find any.

But then again the new way of life in this country is to rip other
people off. Download illegal MP3's. It's okay. Propagate trademarked
hybrids? Who cares. Rip-off the people who worked hard to produce them.
After all, they're a "corporation", and not real people trying to feed
their families.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.