Old 02-09-2003, 03:02 AM
dkat

Default How to kill Mistletoe in Maple trees?

Search I did on the topic said either to cut out the infected branch or to
cut out the mistletoe and then wrap the area in black plastic so that the
mistletoe is smothered.
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7437.html
DK
"Chris J......" wrote in message
I have a hillside behind my home containing quite a few wild maple
trees. Several have become infested with what looks to be mistletoe (a
parasitic plant).

This is killing my trees. I've tried cutting out the mistletoe, but it
just comes back. Is there some sort of an herbicide that I can use to
kill it without killing the trees?

The trees are located on a very steep mostly rocky mountainside,
in a mixed pine forest environment at around 7000ft. altitude in
Arizona. Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris

For some ideas on how to help our troops, check out

Chris J.........

to e-mail, remove anything numeric.