Old 02-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Smith

Default My little babies

A while back I posted because my goldfish were dying in droves (lost 10 over
the space of 3 months). Got loads of great advice from on here, and now with
a decent filter, we no longer have the ammonia problem, and the fish seem
really happy and are feeding twice a day (I only give them what they will
eat)

I was delighted a couple of months ago to see tiny babies, and now they are
big enough that they feed with the adults, and growing like crazy although
they're still brown. I figured that we must be doing something right for
them to breed, but a couple of days ago I read in a pond book that fish only
breed when their survival is threatened (that figures).

So now I have 10 adults and (around) 10 babies in a 3750litre pond. Now we
have healthier water, is it likely that they'll breed next year. I'm
thinking overstocking!

Any comments/advice appreciated.

Tracey