Old 02-09-2003, 04:48 PM
albergati albergati is offline
Registered User

Location: London
Default SOS - Tahiti Lime

We bought a tahiti lime two weeks ago from Syon Park. It's about 18"
and had two limes growing on it when we bought it, one of which we've
already harvested.

However, it's now losing leaves at an alarming rate. From everything
I can find on the web (which almost entirely relates to growing them
outdoors in Florida) it should be evergreen, we've followed the
watering instructions (water through and don't leave standing in
water) but not yet fed it. It's sitting on a double glazed window
sill getting plenty of light, but it's also near a radiator.

We had the same problem with a lemon tree, and despaired, but after a few weeks it settled down and is now flourishing - with new fruits. A friend who has grown citrus for some time tells us they don't like being moved, but recover.