Old 02-09-2003, 06:35 PM
BAC

Default Against the law ??

"bnd777" wrote in message

"Pickle" wrote in message

"Jason Pope" wrote in message

hendo2002 wrote:
Hi , I have a bit of a problem with a neighbour at the bottom of my

garden ,
it is his boundry fence but whilst I've been away for a fortnight he

has
clipped unsightly PVC screened cable to the fence on my side for

some
lighting is he allowed to do this or not ?? Its not a matter of

asking
him
as when I was doing my garden he banged on my door complaining that

had
got his decking dirty !!! so from that point on we don't really see

eye
eye

Speaking of fences, can I make my (miserable) neighbour maintain his

side
of
the new fence which we put up last year? It's our fence and we have

painted
our side with timbercare but he never looks after anything in his

garden.
His missus doesn't mind banging nails into our fence and growing her

roses
up it but they can't be a***ed to maintain it. Can i make him paint it

or
can I insist on access to his garden to paint it myself?

Your neighbour CANNOT attach/bang anything onto your fence without
permission ..........

Don't you mean the neighbour SHOULD not attach/bang etc.? Quite obviously,
he/she CAN if he/she wishes (the poster implies the neighbour already HAS),
the question is, if he/she does, and you notice, what can you do about it?

Very little short of going to law, IMO, and is that really wise?