Old 02-09-2003, 07:04 PM
Simon Avery

Default 3' x 2' flags - how much do they weigh?

(Mark) wrote:

Hello Mark

M Main reason for wanting to know is that I'm trying to
M estimate what size skip to order to cart away 20 or so
M broken 3' x 2's (2" thick in classic council grey).

Best way is to borrow the bathroom scales and see for yourself. Even
when made in the same place the density of concrete used can be
different.

M Reckon I'll be OK with a "mini-skip" (think they're 3
M tonner's)?

Ask! Say what you want to put in 'em. Some drivers will umm and ahh
when picking them up, but a tenner can help overcome their reticence
if it is a tad over the limit.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK Ý
http://www.digdilem.org/