Old 02-09-2003, 10:22 PM
Bern Muller

Default How Many Water Lillies?

"Jerrispond" wrote in message

snip-----
if you ever want to divide them it will be a mess.....I have a lily/

goldfish
pond that is about 8x15 feet, and it only has 2 lilies in it...They are
directly planted and take up about 1/2 the pond....This pond has a small
amount of gravel on the bottom, They have been this way for 2 summers

now, and
the blooms and leaves are spectacular....

snip---

Just to add a comment to the above (which I completely agree with). If you
live in an area with severe winters, you may want to put the hardy lillies
in a deep part of the pond over the winter, and then bring them up again to
shallower water in spring. This is difficult to do if they are not in tubs.
Some hardy lillies like to grow in shallower water over the summer than
other lillies. Our Attraction thrives in deep water, the others do not.