Old 02-09-2003, 11:35 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default What a Pond!!

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:31:08 -0400, "Doug" wrote:

Here is the link:
http://www.yorkshirekoi.co.uk/ponds.php?id=83'

Thanks for the link, I figured this pond had to be on the web somewhere.
Too bad they don't give some of the story regarding it. The pond man who
help build this came to the PNKCA convention in Spokane in 2002, with lots
more slides. The one building pictured, is for the pump house only, the
pumps are in a sound proof room within the building. The filters are on a
computerized system, both the computer programmer, the owner and pond
builder can access the website to view the automatic backwashing schedule.
I do believe water parameters are also displayed there. The pond, the pump
house and the mature landscaping that was added cost in excess of a
million. The pond is heated w/o a cover during the winter, water vapor
bellows off it to the point that the fire dept ran a truck out there the
1st winter. )

What's really nice is this is a wealthy man with a heart. Those fish in the
main pond, if they don't turn out to be their best, or have flaws, he has
another big pond on the property where they go to live out their lives.
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~