Old 02-09-2003, 11:44 PM
Michael Shaffer

Default Should I take the algae out of my pond

Lemme just clarify, if the algae is helping my pond water stay clear
then I definitely want it. On the other hand I don't know if I should
remove it because it's taking nutrients my other plants could use.
basically, all I want is to do what ever gives me the clearest water
since that's why I have plants in the first place.

Thanks
Mike S

Michael Shaffer wrote:
In the last two weeks the algae has really taken off. Both waterfalls
are covered in string algae and the veggie pond is lined with some other
moss-like algae. Is this good or bad? I don't know if I should take some
of it out or not.