Old 03-09-2003, 12:14 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Newbie question

I'm pretty new to the bonsai art, but i've read a lot of
stuff about
taking care of a tree by now and i've seen a lot of pictures,

i'm going
to collect lots of seeds this October and some of young, less

than 30cm
trees i've spotted.

But i still have some questions, I've read somewhere that it

is
possible to reduce the size of a tree of 2 meters to about 0,5

meters!
How is this done? I mean to do this it is needed to cut the

main trunk
leaving the tree without any leafs, wont this kill the tree?

If someone could explain me, or point me some site with the
description of the technique i would be much gratefull.

Goto: www.evergreengardenworks.com look for the articles, the
look for articles on trunk chops, fattening trunks, developing
taper, etc.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++