Old 03-09-2003, 01:22 AM
Mickey

Default Where to put mechanical filtration

I have a pond that is about 5000+ gallons now. Where should mechanical
filtration be added ? I have a 2" line coming out the side of the pond into
a 4 foot tall pump trap. From there it goes to the pump and up to a skippy
filter. I am thinking of reticulated foam on the inside of the skippy filter
before it drains into the stream. Is there a better place ? I put a small
piece of foam over the outlet to the pond and it is catching small pieces of
stuff and getting clogged so I want to catch that stuff to help clear up the
pond. I would like to put the mechanical filtration some place where gravity
will do the job and not place an extra burden on the pump.