Old 03-09-2003, 02:02 AM
Bill R

Default If you like cherry tomatoes...

Jacqueline Davidson wrote:
I saved some seeds today from some cherry tomatoes we are enjoying very
much. After they are dried, I plan to save them until next spring. When
should they be planted?
Thanks,
Jackie

Jackie,

Tomato plants should be planted out in the garden after all
danger of frost is past for your area.

Here in the Ohio Valley, I start my tomatoes inside sometime
abound March 1st and plant them in the garden in May
(usually about May 15th depending on the weather).

If you are going to start them inside use a "seed starter"
mix and start them in small containers (the four or six
packs that annuals come in are good). After the seeds get
started I use a weak (one quarter strength) fertilizer.
When the plants get larger and have a good root system I
transplant them from the the six packs into individual
containers (I use plastic yogurt containers).
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850

For pictures of my garden visit http://members.iglou.com/brosen