Old 03-09-2003, 02:02 AM
Bruce Sinclair

Default vinegar, mineral spirits, Herbicides??

In article , Steve Turner wrote:

Hydrocarbons can be effective plant killers if they are sufficiently
nonvolatile to hang around for awhile. In the past I have used old
crankcase oil to kill weeds in driveway cracks. I suspect it is not
very environmentally friendly though.

Indeed. There was a weed killer (name currently escapes me) that was
considered to work much better when mixed with diesel. SOme clever chap left
out the weed killer in one mix ... and he noticed that it still worked
IIRC the weed killer was bloody expensive too

Bruce

Oook !
NOTE remove the not_ from the address to reply. NO SPAM !