Old 03-09-2003, 03:12 AM
harold

Default Pumpkin question

"AnonnyMoose" wrote in message
Having never grown a pumpkin before, I'm wondering at what point I should
remove the pumpkin from the vine. I have two pumpkins growing and one is
already totally orange. Seems early to me. Should I cut it off or leave it
for a while?

When I purchased the start, its label identified it as a mini pumpkin, but
these two the size of bowling balls. Not very "mini" in my estimation.

Karen

You can let them go longer. We grow pumpkins and don't pick till about

Oct. Ist We live in zone 4 central Wisconsin. If you are going to use for
baking you need to let the pumpkins get ripe inside as well as orange on the
outside. If only for decoration can pick sooner.

Harold