Old 03-09-2003, 03:22 AM
Grandpa

Default Squash Bug(stink bug) problem!

Matt wrote:
snip

Grandpa,

You mention the companion planting. Did you try planting sweet
potatoes with the susceptible crops? I read somewhere that'll work.
Just wondering if that's worth a try.

No sir, didn't try that one, but darned near everything else. Squash
bugs have got to be one of the most detestible little bugs I've ever
seen. I wet the plants for maybe 6 seconds and they come running
(literally) out of the plants then I move in for the kill. They really
hate water! Years ago I did the Diazinon trick to them. It worked but
I was really uncomfortable eating the squash so I didn't do 'D' again.