Old 03-09-2003, 04:22 AM
James Nipper

Default Lawn not responding to Fertilization -- Why ?

Too much thatch would hurt the lawn in the summer but not in the Spring ??
My lawn looks fantastic when I fertilize it in the early Spring. But, it
does not respond AT ALL when I fertilize it in early August.

Most comments here is that is just will not do well in the very hottest part
of the summer. So, I will try to wait until things cool a bit before I
fertilzie again.

--James--

--------------

Too much thatch too.

"Die Spammer !!!" wrote in message
firtilizing in the heat is a big no no

James Nipper wrote:

I normally use Scott's Turfbuilder. I apply it in the spring (around

late
March) and within one week I can see my lawn greening and having more

robust
growth. However, many times when I apply it in mid-August, I can

tell
NO difference in the areas where I have applied it ( I have experimented

by
skipping some areas). Of course, I always water properly, and I do

have
years of experience in fertilizing, watering, etc.

This has happened to me in the past, but I can never figure it out. I

put
down Scott's Turfbuilder in one specified area of my front lawn around
three weeks ago and watered it well, and I can tell absolutely NO
difference in the area fertilized. It is truly as though I did not
fertilize it. I am not having any problems such as bugs, crickets, or
anything like that.

Again, I see a tremendous response to the spring application. By the

way,
I live in Fla, could it be that the grass will not respond as well when

it
is so hot ?

Any ideas ??

--James--