Old 03-09-2003, 06:02 AM
jrstark

Default bindweed and strawberries

Robin Ellzey wrote:

I created a small bed (2'x24') for strawberries. I put landscaping
fabric down and then about 4 inches of mulch. My strawberries are
coming up fine but so is the bind weed. I haven't found anything such
as Roundup that I can spray on the bindweed without killing the
strawberries. I've been extremely carefull about pulling the weeds
around the strawberries due to not wanting to damageing the
strawberries. Does anyone know of a better way or something that will
kill the bindweed, but not the strawberries.

Thanks. (FYI - Zone 5-Denver)

I killed a bindwind by trying to make it into a houseplant.

To keep it away from the strawberries you could always try scissors.
Might actually kill it eventually, but will take awhile.

Janine