Old 03-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Frank Martin

Default garden hose reel

I made one from a wheelbarrow tyre rim, which gives good compact unit with
enough depth to hold a fair length of hose. The particular rim I chose
could be taken apart by undoing 8 bolts and this assisted in cleaning the
unit with caustic soda and detergent. I then painted it whole thing with a
good anti-rust primer and then put the unit together again by using
stainless-steel bolts and nuts which give a fantastic effect. Of course I
had to weld on two small lugs so the whole assembly could be bolted to the
wall just above the faucet which is waist height. It has been a brilliant
success and it is just the right size. At the factory here we have some
reels made from old auto-tyre rims but these would be too big for the
average small garden. We also use small rims to store long electric
extension cords.

"Ghislain" wrote in message
om...
I would like to make my own garden hose reel.Would the family have any

good ideas?