Old 03-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Franz Heymann

Default tomatoes

"Peter Coddington" peter (No wrote in
message ...

"Phil & Diane Martin" wrote in message
Help,,,,,,,,,,,,to many tomatoes,,,,,,,,,freezer full of tomato
soup,,,,,,,neighbours sick of tomatoes,,,,,,,,,,,,no more

chutney!!!!!!!!!!
any suggestions

Hi

I have read all the idiot replies.. Like you I have had an a very
heavy crop this year of Shirley tomatoes. I do not like them after
they have been frozen. Chutney perhaps later with the green ones.We
have made some very tasty tomatoe soup from a recipe picked up from
this newsgroup.
Make more soup, winter is upon us. Should we plant fewer plants next
year.?

But what will you then do with the glut of whatever which you will grow in
the spaces left by the missing tomatoes?

Franz