Old 03-09-2003, 11:12 AM
John T McDougald

Default Looking for a Child/Pet safe fertilizer weed care.

Thanks Peter for the Info. The problem with the stuff I'm looking at
starting with is that it's a combination fertilizer with insect control.
It's called MaxGuard from Scott's They seem to have the largest selection
from the big box hardware stores around my area. I am trying to get my lawn
under control and bring it into some since of decency. The people who owned
the house prior to me did little more than mow the yard for the last 9 years
prior so I have alot of work ahead of me.
My problem is that most of the fertilizers and treatments I need for my
lawn would include insect and pest control. I need to find something that's
not quite so risky to use since my dog likes to run around in the back yard.

John T McD