Old 03-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Torsten Brinch

Default Boycott Brand America

Rumsfeld Nov 14, 2002 - use of force will CERTAINLY not last more
than five months in Iraq:

"The Gulf war lasted five days. I can't tell you if the use of force
in Iraq today would last five days or five weeks or five months. But
it certainly isn't going to last any longer than that."

Rumsfeld Aug 25, 2003 -- after using force for more than five months
in Iraq:

"Now was—did we—was it possible to anticipate that the battles would
take place south of Baghdad and that then there would be a collapse up
north, and there would be very little killing and capturing of those
folks, because they blended into the countryside and they're still
fighting their war?"

Good question, Rumsfeld. Was it possible to anticipate, that
these folks would blend into the countryside and continue fighting?

Who could have anticipated that?
Rumsfeld Feb 20, 2002 -- after using force for four and a half month
in Afghanistan:

"The dilemma that the country is facing right now, Afghanistan, is
what should they do about their security situation. They have got
Taliban and al Qaeda milling around, that have blended into the
countryside, into the villages, across the borders and are ready to
come back in the event they feel they have the opportunity."