Old 03-09-2003, 12:22 PM

Default Lawn not responding to Fertilization -- Why ?

"James Nipper" wrote:
Too much thatch would hurt the lawn in the summer but not in the Spring
?? My lawn looks fantastic when I fertilize it in the early Spring. But,
it does not respond AT ALL when I fertilize it in early August.

Most comments here is that is just will not do well in the very hottest
part of the summer. So, I will try to wait until things cool a bit
before I fertilzie again.

--James--

Most good commercial lawn foods are formulated to not release their
nutrients during dry weather, otherwise they would burn the turf.

If you're not getting adequate irrigation (1 inch per week)don't bother
fertilizing.

--
GO #40