Old 03-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Chookie

Default Nursery Crawl Gloat

In article ,
"Wanda" wrote:

Congratulations on your successful nursery crawl. Do you know anything much
about the hop bush? I bought one several months ago & would like to know a
little more than what was described on the attached label, such as when to
prune.

Not a clue -- it was an endemic around here, which is why I bought it. They
look a bit leggy and have big eucalypt-like leaves. I would guess that prune
after flowering holds true (though that would remove some of the hops, of
course). If in doubt, I would prune in bushfire season -- I consider that
pruning is what bushfires and grazing animals do in nature.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990