Old 03-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Kev Pearce

Default Laurel Trees

Thanks both Ron and Kay for your replies.
Good advice, and the teaching process starts here !

"Kev Pearce" wrote in message
I have a row of Laurel trees at the bottom of the garden, which have
produced round black berries for the first time since I moved in 3 years
ago.

My mother-in-law has informed me that the berries are highly toxic.

With two young kids (1 and 3 years old) I am now afraid that they could do
themselves some serious harm.

Can anyone advise on how toxic the berries (and perhaps even the leaves)
are, what the signs are, and if any First Aid is recommended.

Thanks in advance for any help