Old 03-09-2003, 01:02 PM

Default new thread alan titchmarsh subject

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:44:29 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

~
~"Mich"
~ "anne" wrote in
~ I can't say exactly why I don't like him, there's just something
~about
~ him.I could never stand Paul Daniels either or Dame Edna Everage.
~Maybe they
~ all have something in common that I can't see, apart from being a
~complete
~ pain when they're on TV of course.
~
~ I feel the same way about Racheal De Tame and that Beardshaw bloke.
~And I
~ cant stand Dairimud (sp?) Gavin!!!!
~
~I agree about RdT but do find that Beardshaw grows on you. Maybe if
~they let him do 'proper' gardening instead of from a helicopter he'd
~be even beter "~)
~
~ Alan Titchmarch though I quite liked , although I had my
~reservations about
~ him when he took over GW from Geoff Hamilton.
~
~ Although I think Monty Don is making a good job of GW now, I wonder
~if the
~ BBC are going to try and sideline him in favour of RdeT and Swift
~( another
~ one I cant stand!) and Co. No, more than that I think they are
~sidelining
~ him and will try to remove him by the next series in fav our of the
~crap
~ presenters they want to put in!
~
~ lets face it , they only put him there in the first place because of
~the
~ uproar!
~
~One wonders WHY the BBC wants these naff presenters ? Are they cheaper
~?

Prettier I suspect. Young, good looking is the motto for most
programmes these days, and experience seems to have vanished by the
wayside.

Also there is the point about production companies. Folk here are
still shredding AT about his GWs, forgetting that it was an indie
company that was producing the programme and bringing in all this
'trendy' stuff. I haunt the BBC message boards too, and the number of
whinges about this company (and the then-GW producer in particular)
were getting out of control, especially as they seemed impervious to
what the viewers on the boards wanted.

This year, the BBC took it back 'in-house' and it's now oodles better,
even if they did have to inherit the pretty crew. It was the same with
Geoff H - an in-house job. The Beeb really is still much better than
the trendies with their production values and camerawork, imho!

I wish I had access to enough archives to see when the complaints
began and when the indie folk took over, and if there's a time link...
My suspicion is that if AT had been fronting a BBC production, a lot
more folk would be positive about him.

jane, who still thinks GW should have the old GeoffH music and is a
confirmed GQT listener... but likes AT and Monty. (Never saw much of
GeoffH so I don't really have an opinion on him. Now why don't they
repeat THOSE programmes instead of interminable rubbish... :-)

--
jane

Mark Twain