Old 03-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Laurel Trees

In article ,
"Kev Pearce" writes:
| Thanks both Ron and Kay for your replies.
| Good advice, and the teaching process starts here !

A chilli plant could be a useful teaching aid for the one year old.
Leave it at ground level, say "NO" firmly, and do nothing to stop
the child from eating a fruit ....

I follow the child rearing school of the late Professor Pavlov :-)

Also, it is essential not to say "no" to everything, or they will
stop asking. There is no need to forbid anything that isn't
dangerous, and saying "don't eat that - but this is OK" is a
lot more effective.

A slightly irrelevant story. My daughter copied me in telling a
drunken (teenage) friend of hers that japonica fruit is edible.
Which is, of course, true. Apparently, the shock of biting into
one got through even his inebriation!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.