Old 03-09-2003, 05:12 PM
Mike Lyle

Default new thread alan titchmarsh subject

OK, we've done telly, now let's slag off *Gardeners' Question Time*.
Eric Robson's irritating leer, and the constant gormless tittering,
echoed in a rather embarrassed way by the audience: I wouldn't go to
Mark Steele for gardening advice, and I wouldn't go to Pippa Greenwood
for jokes -- once when I used to listen to it they started chortling
before the question had even been *asked*. A friend of mine had a
question on one of the write-in programmes, and they didn't give a
serious answer at all: she was much miffed. I think it may have been
Geoffrey Smith who really got the unfunny wisecracks built into the
format: a pity, as I could listen to him talk about gardening all
night, taking notes all the time. And they all seem to stop the
giggles for the out-and-about bits where there isn't an audience,
which I really used to like.

I feel better now!

Mike.