Old 03-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Lee

Default Are the big gardening magazines worth the money?

(Beecrofter) wrote in message om...
Heidi wrote in message .com...
Hi all,

I'm just curious as to how many folks see value in subscribing to
gardening magazines.

Subscribe? hardly worth it!
Visit the local library and thumb through them a better value.
Organic gardening is pretty much empty, Mother Earth News went yuppie
or lawyer 20 years ago. Even Scientific American has been dumbed down.
Taunton Press puts out a magazine called "Fine Gardening" I would give
as a gift but read for myself at the public library.

my sentiments also. some are very pretty and i like to see the pics,
but not enough to sub and have stacks of mags to store!! a Cherokee
friend was written up regarding her herb garden and her pic was on the
front with all the plants surrounding her.. but it was all actually a
montague and the garden was nothing like the photo!!! it did look
good; looked for real; pretty but misleading. not realistic. she is a
good herb gardner, but it was a lot of fake.
i have read a lot of literature in past years, but have really learned
more from you regulars y lurking this NG than anywhere else. Thanks to
you all.
love...granny lee(leona). oh hey! i was 75 9-1-03 and all my children
and grands and great grands came to see me into the 76th year! one
time i told my doctor that i didn't really like to spend so much time
sleeping... at 8 hours a day i would have spent 25 years sleeping by
the time i was 75... he told me i wouldn't get to 75 if i didn't sleep
the 25.... fooled him! i have reached it on about 5 hrs nightly
average which i think is about 18 years of sleep for 75 years!!..
beat his estimate by about 8 years!!! ya-nanny..ya ya !!!!!!
hehehehe!!!!