Old 03-09-2003, 07:22 PM
bnd777

Default Re Horses, Horse Manure, Gardens and Gardeners

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g0q3lu.rik3kp1s39b28N%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...
Mike wrote:

The thread on Horse manure and Gardeners has brought quite a bit of
response, both from those who would like Horse Manure and those who have

it
and would like to get rid of it.

I don't know if it could be done in the respective areas of the readers

of
this newsgroups, but I am the Editor of our local newsletter and in the

next
Issue, I will invite those with the horses, to put a contact name,

address ,
telephone number or email address in whereby those who want the stuff,

can
make contact to their 'mutual advantage'. I don't somehow think it will

open
the flood gates and I might even be able to get some stuff for our

compost
bins. (Temperature 112F today)

What a joy that'd be if suitable sources are found..

ITs hard to get it at reasonable prices round here. Esp if you wish it
delivered.
//
Jim

I found the same problem so was quite stunned to hear that so many livery
satbles, riding schools , horsey people have to pay to have their pile taken
away
seems many of them simply do not think to put a sign out or put it in bags
so those passing can indeed collect as they need ...........i know one place
where they do this all they ask is you return the bags .......most of us
throw out heavy weight potting compost bags when they could be recycled in
this way