Old 03-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Tim Stephens

Default co2 bubbles coming too quickly

I have the Hagen Nutrifin CO2 system and am out of the "magic packets"
that it comes with. I'm not one to pay huge money for the magic
ingredients when I know that it's just yeast in one packet and baking soda
in the other.

I'm now doing my first attempt at a hybrid DIY-Hagen CO2 system and am
certainly getting lots of CO2. In fact, I believe I'm getting way too much
CO2 and would like to slow it down. With the Hagen packets, I was getting
about 1 bubble every 35 to 50 seconds. I'm now getting 22 bubbles a
minute! Do I just need to add more baking soda to the mix?

And, as a general rule-of-thumb, should the measurement of yeast and
baking soda be approximately equal?

Thanks.