Old 03-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Sharp sand

In article ,
Alan Gould wrote:
In article , Stewart Devereux
writes
I've read in many texts this is good for the lawn, especially at this time
of year mixed with compost. is this the sharp sand I can buy from the
builders yard or B+Q in large plastic bags. can I mix it with say B+Q
general compost and in what ratio.Thanks

Make sure that the sand really is sharp sand, not builders soft sand as
used for mixing up mortar. Also check that it is washed, i.e. the salt
has been taken out of it. Alternatively, you can buy 'lawn sand' which
is compost and sharp sand mixed, but it costs a good deal more that way.

If you buy from a builder's merchant, it will be washed.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.