Old 03-09-2003, 10:13 PM
shazzbat

Default excess tomatoes.

The other thread re tomatoes reminded me of something that happened several
years ago. I happened to acquire(legally, honest) a box of tomatoes from
someone I had done a favour. Many tomato sandwiches later I remarked to
someone at work that we had this excess, and she suggested I make tomato
wine, since I was doing some winemaking at the time. It seemed like a good
idea, so I went ahead. When the wine was ready, instead of being a nice rosy
tomato colour as I expected, it turned out the metallic yellowy green colour
of the fluid around the seeds. It looked disgusting! Tasted nice though.
You just had to drink it with your eyes shut.

Steve