Old 04-09-2003, 12:12 AM
paghat

Default Roundup Unready

In article , newsgroup wrote:

On 3 Sep 2003 13:49:07 GMT, (Bill Oliver) wrote:

In contrast to me -- who has both science and truth on his
side.

LOL so the second coming has happened and I missed it!!!

ALL HAIL PRINCE OF SCIENCE!!!

Well, at least he's only making claims for "his side," which is not the
environment's side quite clearly! If his side really is to harm the
environment then science & truth supports that he does so when using
RoundUp! Extinction of two frog speces so far; loss of century-old hedges
in England to glyphosate drift; stunting of plants seeded into areas
treated with glyphosate MONTHS before seeding; weakening of winter
tolerance in shrubs & trees & greater susceptibility to fungal diseases
all caused by RoundUp when "used as directed." And even if someone in his
family DOES come down with nonhodgson's lymphoma, who's to say it wasn't
Shillo's brand of table salt after all, rather than the Roundup
contaminating the foodchain.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl: